Tuesday 5 June 2012

Country Fair at Broadlands

With British strawberries already in season our Summer is finally here. And with such a long Bank holidays and Jubilee celebrations all country is buzzing with excitement! Craft fairs, vintage fairs, street party's and so much more to enjoy:) So this weekend we decided to visit one of Hampshire's biggest summer fairs.
The morning clouds did not  promised a nice day, but for our surprise we had just few single drops of rain!The Sun was out there with us for most of the day:) For me of course it was all craft stalls that took my attention, those beautiful miniature Doll houses all dressed for Jubilee celebrations. I loved long rows of jars with home made pickles, jams, and chutneys.



Strawberries and cream!

I love this gorgeous 1950's dress



My darling Jason was so impressed with all the chickens, ducks and roosters that it looks like one day we might have to have a big farm :) I better get another pair of wellies:)


Vintage lawnmowers - just imagine cutting your garden grass with one of these:)


After a beautiful day at Country fair I made this very yummy Pavlova with summer berries ! Hope you all had a fabulous Diamond Jubilee weekend.  Last of all I love this picture of  Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip's who visited the Broadlands in Hampshire in November  1947 on their honeymoon.
xxxxx





















2 comments: