Thursday 13 February 2014

My most used Beauty products- 2013



Face


I have been using No 7 products for a while, and they all do the job. Cleansing Lotion and Make Up remover are one of my favorites.


 Same with face creams, not too oily and well balanced for my skin type. Currently using Protect & Perfect Day and Night Creams.


Love this little pot of Elizabeth Arden face and neck cream.


For my eyes I use No 7 Youthful Eye Serum and Loccitane Precious Eye Balm



Have tried many different skin foundations in the past, from more pricey range to the most cheapest. I think you have to choose very careful as sometimes colour might just look too dark on the skin. I used to love Dior Nude foundation which blends with your skin colour beautifully. Recently purchased Fit Me by Maybelline and it works well for me.


In love with this BB cream by Maybelline!  My everyday must have skin product!


Getting friendly with this BB cream  too :)


Euphoria!....I have received this eye shadow palette from my husband as a Christmas present. And I'm over the moon! you can find hundreds of reviews on NAKED 2 palette and You tube videos on how to apply the colours. It is a must in every girls Make up bag! 



Rimmel Natural Bronzer is pretty good too. I do apply this bronzer when I do  go out, it gives me that glowing look which we all do miss here in rainy England :)


Ok' maybe not the best mascara on the high street but I do keep coming back to the Loreal counter  again and again. PERFECT when new , but towards the end it tends to leave some clumps on my lashes.


Various lipsticks, lip glosses...they are everywhere, in my bathroom, in my make up bag, in my unit draws and handbags. But for some reason I do forget to put them on!? Don't ask why? Just don't have the habit to put something on my lips, again only if I'm out I do remember that I need some lipstick but after my first cup of Latte the lipstick is forgotten :)


I use this lip butter at night. It is very very soft and smells divine. Gives me perfectly soft lips in the morning. Love it!


Good pair of eyelashes. Again used them on a few occasions and they stayed all the time on. I don't use very often, but when I do they seem to give me the best result.

Hair


John Frieda hair products are the best for the frizzy hair. 


As with  a face foundation it is the same about shampoos. I have tried salon recommended products and almost all drug store everyday shampoos. But I do like to change my shampoos from time to time. So it is hard to tell if I have any favorite ones. Now using hair products by Aussie. They never disappoint me. Smells good, and gives your hair exactly that what its says on a bottle. 


Occasionally I do use Big hair volume mousse by Umberto Gianini. Good product.


Everyone knows Batiste dry shampoo. I have discovered that after styling or curling your hair, give a little spray of this dry shampoo ( must be xxl volume) around your hair roots to achieve volume on top of your hair.


Good heat protection from Loreal Elnett when using hairdryer or  a flat iron styling tongs.


Leave In Hair Conditioner- again excellent product from John Frieda


Received this deep conditioner as a gift over Christmas. It goes straight to my must have hair product list.

Body


Have been using this body butter for quite a few years now. Mainly as a hand cream at night as it is for dry skin. Trust me your hands will be pampered while you sleep. I love the blueberry smell too.


Delicious smell. Champneys body butter with passion fruit, mango extracts and citrus oils.


This little foot cream leaves your heels soft as a baby's skin.


Good to use for nice relaxed baths or just as a massage oil for your back.


This  sugar body scrub was given by a friend of mine and it is definitely worth a good word or two. I love the smell and a little tingling sensation from mandarin and black pepper. Gorgeous. 


Tried and tested. Works perfectly well if you scrub your body day before. To achieve nice colour I have used twice a week. For my face I used St.Tropez tan cream for face only. It is not a cheap product to use on a regular basis, but if you would like a quick tan at home this is the product I would recommend.


Most used nail varnish colours last year. I have seen new colour  trends this year already, like violet, bright green and navy colours,- can't wait to try them on :)


Products I regret buying:

Disclaimer: The opinion about the products below is only my own, based on my skin type, and everyday use. 


False Lash Effect Fusion by Maxfactor. It says for Volume and Length. Yes it does give your lashes a volume. Any length? Nope.


Disappointing product. As a eye shadow primer does not stay on. Sorry.


Again, my opinion only, and it might be a good product for others. Used it maybe twice. How often I do need to scrub my lips? Is just not a must product for me. Period. 


Used once at the party. After 30 min.one eyelash nearly dropped into my food plate.Yes, it could be that I have not attached properly. Still, no thank you.


??? Lip gloss with 24K gold dusts in it. Waste of money. Gives a yellowish colour to your lips, smells awful and it is very sticky. 


Liquid Eyebrow Marker. How on earth I was thinking to use it? It is a proper MARKER. It takes two days to remove it and it looks too fake on your eyebrows. Sorry BarryM.









No comments:

Post a Comment