Wednesday 28 May 2014

Baby's and Mommy's Hospital Bag


I thought I would share what I had  in my baby's and mommy's hospital bag. It took me a while to figure out what I will definitely need to take it with me to the hospital.  I have printed a  few different lists from the various websites and had a list of things to take from my hospital in which I gave birth.
Some of the stuff I took with me was never used or need it at all, so it is up to a personal liking what you would like to pack with you.
Also I have decided to take two small bags so I could separate into baby's and my own bag.
This beautiful ''Yummy Mummy'' changing bag I have ordered from the Pink Lining website, during their Autumn Sale. I love the color and practicality of this bag, its versatile, have lots of pockets, little mirror, key holders, changing mat, thermo pockets and long shoulder strap. 
In a side pockets I have packed some baby toiletries which was on a hospital list, some energy sweets during labour and Aptamil milk with sterilized teats it comes in pack of 6 ( some hospitals in UK do not provide formula milk if  you can't breastfeed) however I took that little bottle out of bag as the hospital where I was staying do provide their own formula milk.
We have put some change in the front pocket of the bag for car park and coffee :)
For the baby I have packed :
4 muslin's
Bath towel and 2 washcloths
20 newborn No1. Pampers Sensitive nappies
Nappy bags
Bag of cotton wool balls
Water wipes
2 bodysuits 
2 sleep suits
Newborn hat
2 bibs and pair of socks
Going home outfit:
2 hats, one is knitted 
1 pair of mittens
bodysuit and sleep suit
warm cardigan
socks
Baby's blanket is packed in my bag.
Don't forget your baby's car seat,  Maternity Notes and camera for nice photos :)












To pack my hospital bag it was more complicated, as some Mommies advised to take this and that and some said don't take this and that. So I have packed my bag following my hospitals list.
Baby's Blanket
Dark color towel
Energy drinks and straws
2 packs of large maternity towels
Cotton wool pleats
Feminine hygienic wet wipes
4 disposable breast pads 
Light dressing gown and matching slippers
Dark buttoned PJ top for breastfeeding
2 pairs of socks
Short sleeve gown to give birth in it
Nursing top
2 nursing bras
3 large cotton knickers and 4 disposable paper knickers
Bag with toiletries: 
Toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo and conditioner, lip balm, arnica cream, Lanishol nipple cream, thermo water face spray, body lotion, dry shampoo, shower gel - all travel size.Wet face wipes, hair band, hair brush, pen, ear plugs, mirror and a few make up items.







1 comment: